Reality is created by the mind. We can change our reality by changing our mind.Plato
First of all, “reality” is just perception. Two people can witness the same event, but the reality of it is different for each of them. So we have billions of people running around on Earth that each experience their own version of reality. What is unrealistic in your world, can be entirely realistic in another’s.
For example: the Wright brothers. In their reality, getting humans to fly was possible, in the vast majority of people’s realities (at the time) it was not. Often, the people who have more advanced realities, in my opinion, are viewed as crazy, radical, or unrealistic people during their time. If they had listened to all the people that told them how unrealistic they were, we wouldn’t have modern airplanes & air travel.
If we as individuals listen to the realities of the majority, we will remain stuck where we’re at.
This idea can be applied to any area of your life. With all of this being said, it is important to acknowledge the reality of the majority and do real research based on fact. If you keep trying, anything is possible.
For example, if you’ve done the math and figured out you can retire at 35 and people keep telling you how unrealistic that is, what they say is irrelevant because you’ve crunched the numbers. You have proof that it will happen, if you want it to.
When you say something can’t happen for you, it won’t. You’ve already stopped it from happening in your mind. So if you have a goal or dream that seems “unrealistic” just keep trying and trust that it will happen. It make take 30 years, or a couple weeks, but if you stay focused on it, it’s just a matter of time. This becomes easier when you remove distractions and really limit what you give your time and energy to.
Stop limiting yourself.
- ThriftBooks -I LOVE them as a company & order all of my books from them now! They ship super fast, great service, books always show up as described, super cheap, & good for the planet because they’re second-hand, but you get to choose the quality!
- Mint -Great site/app to manage all of your finances in one spot!
- BetterHelp -A week of Therapy for FREE!
- Betterment -Invest your first $5,000 for FREE!
- Back Market -My referral code: 6888f588d6f85083 -$10 off your order! Refurbished Tech! My sister & I both got “new” phones from there. They’re awesome, great quality, so much cheaper than buying new (by up to 70%), came super fast, was super easy to buy, AND we saved 123 pounds of carbon emissions, each!