I’m going to hold off on the cliché: “I can’t believe another year is gone! It feels like 2020 just started!”.
I set a ton of goals for 2021, and I (we, for some) accomplished all of them! There were a few that I ended up crossing out because my values/priorities changed.
2021 goals that I accomplished:
- Spend time with friends or family members once or more a week.
- Read 10+ Books
- Visit one new place I’ve never been
- Update the living room and hallway
- Meditate/pray/manifest 5x a week
- Get a raise
- Keep up with finance blog
- Buy a newer phone
- Start my financial literacy TikTok
- Start the Money For Everyone Podcast with Eric
- Leave my job
Financial Goals we had for 2021 (all accomplished):
- Pay off the car
- Build up an emergency fund to $18,000+
- Max out our Roth IRA contributions for 2021
- Hit $100,000 Net Worth
I’m really proud of myself and Brandon for following through on our goals.
Our 2022 Goals:
My regular goals:
- Healthy eating, with an emphasis on fruits, vegetables, & protein. -continue my vegetarian diet.
- No social media.
- Move my body mindfully daily, usually yoga.
- Daily meditation.
- Read 24+ Books.
- Start a fruit & vegetable garden in the Spring.
- Totally declutter the basement.
- Post weekly on my blog.
- Focus on making The Money Parent site better & selling my e-workbook to help others.
- See my best friend that I haven’t seen since 2019.
- See my uncle I haven’t seen since 2019.
Brandon’s regular goals:
- Cook more.
- New flooring in living room & hall.
- Fix the fence in the backyard.
- Help with garden & basement decluttering.
- Read Beau Mile’s Book.
- Get a raise.
We have a few other goals, but they are more personal, so I don’t feel like sharing them.
Our Financial Goals:
- Put all of our extra money after expenses on the Mortgage.
- Get the Mortgage down to $110k or less.
I may get a part time job to make sure we reach these financial goals. Everything in our life is really up in the air right now, so we’ll see.
I’m looking forward to 2022 and what it holds, I know even if it is challenges, it is for good reason.
What are your 2022 Goals? 🙂
Feel free to comment below!