Hello! Hope you are all well. In our personal life, August has been kind of crazy, too much going on. I can’t wait until I’m “done” with my education so I can just focus on work and reconnecting with loved ones. At least this month we did not really spend a lot like we did back in July.
Our Goal Financial Independence Numbers:
- $900,000 Invested to cover our Living Expenses. -We do not need this much invested if my husband continues to stick to his plan of wanting to work part time when we reach F.I. We will really only need about $600,000 invested in order for me to stop working and for my husband to go part time. He really enjoys his job because he gets to move around all day & he likes the people he works with.
- $150,000 In Savings for Market Crashes or Emergencies.
- An HSA we are Maxing out every year while working for Medical Expenses. (No specific Goal Number)
- $0 Personal Debt- No Mortgage or Car Payment brings down our expenses a ton ($1,540/mo).
Our Current Numbers as of September 1st, 2020:
- $23,539.55 Invested.
- $10,039.23 In Savings.
- No HSA yet, will get one Oct. 2022.
- -$151,664 Total Debt.
Total amount needed to reach F.I. Goals: $1,168,085.22
As always, thank you for reading! I’m excited to track & post our financial journey.