In July, we mostly had tons of different appointments, particularly for Brandon’s back, he has a tear. Leo had a teeth cleaning he needed to be put under for, and Brandon had to get multiple fillings. Other than that I have been working part time, doing house projects, and like always, constantly evaluating myself & how I want to live my life.
Oh, I also started Twitch Streaming!!! I want to try it out and so far it’s going well. I talk about home stuff like cleaning & decluttering, but it seems people like when I get philosophical on there too. We’ll see where it goes, if I continue to like it then I’ll keep doing it, if not then I’ll stop or pause. That simple.
We updated our living room a bit this month to slowly make it the Mid-Century Modern Living Room of our dreams. It’s not finished, we want to refinish the floors, get new light fixtures, & a new rug.
The floors always photograph well, but in person, they’re covered in paint splatters, nail holes, and patches are missing stain completely. Also, that is not a real Eames chair, it’s a replica, but we still got a great deal on it! $70 at a garage sale!!
The rug was free from my mom’s garage many months ago. It’s not bad, it just doesn’t go with the room & is too small for the space.
We added a shelf above the TV too.
Next Financial Goals:
- $20,000 in Savings/potential future HSA
- Max out Roth IRAs for 2023, by April 2024.
- Pay off the mortgage
Our Partial Financial Independence Goals:
- $0 Debt.
- Brandon works part time at his job.
- We need $2,000+/month in income, whether that comes from investments, Brandon’s part time job, my blog, etc. it doesn’t matter.
Our Current Numbers as of July 31st, 2022:
- Roth IRAs (Betterment -SRI Sustainable): $27,556 and $24,976
- My small Traditional IRA (From an old 401(k) rollover -Betterment): $1,783
- Tesla: $874 (gambling)
- Bitcoin: $652 (gambling)
- Total Invested: $55,841
- Savings: $3,863
- Debt: -$116,935 (Mortgage only) -On track to be paid off by end of 2034, will most likely be paid off sooner.
- Brandon is working 38 hours/week and I am working 10-15 hours/week.
The stock market regained some of it’s losses this month, so that’s nice! I’m still expecting volatility for the next while though, how long, I don’t know.
Approximate F.I. date: August 2034 (12 years) probably earlier, there are too many variables to predict exactly when.
- My Financial Planning Workbook!
- ThriftBooks -I LOVE them as a company & order all of my books from them now! They ship super fast, great service, books always show up as described, super cheap, & good for the planet because they’re second-hand, but you get to choose the quality!
- BetterHelp -A week of Therapy for FREE!
- Betterment -Invest your first $5,000 for FREE!
- Back Market -My referral code: 6888f588d6f85083 -$10 off your order! Refurbished Tech! My sister & I both got “new” phones from there. They’re awesome, great quality, so much cheaper than buying new (by up to 70%), came super fast, was super easy to buy, AND we saved 123 pounds of carbon emissions, each!