So… I wrote this blog post, and mere hours later I unexpectedly lost my job. This changes things a lot. It was of no fault of my own. My bosses messed up really bad and let me go as a last ditch effort to protect themselves, hoping I don’t know my rights. That’s all I’m going to say for now.
It’s really funny reading this post & editing it now because of how things have drastically changed in just a few hours. It just goes to show that you can’t predict the future, but you can do your best to be prepared.
I think this is a blessing actually, it’s what is meant to happen. I have learned to stop forcing & fighting against things. It is what it is. I’m going to take this opportunity to work on my blog & Instagram A LOT more while I’m on unemployment. If we get to the point where we can’t cover our bills, then I will get another job.
Here’s some more good news: We will be fine financially. We have $20,608.33 in savings, and Brandon’s income now covers all of our expenses. So even if I don’t have any income for a while, it’s not a big deal. We also have a ton of items around our house we’ve been meaning to sell, so now I have the time to post things for sale on Facebook.
Thank goodness we just paid off B’s car & sold it back in August and that he got a raise. I also have always had a google doc of a back up plan I can put in motion if I ever lose my job.
It was the craziest 5 days, with Millennial Revolution sharing my blog, then me losing my job. I believe everything happens for a reason…
I haven’t even enjoyed the fall season very much yet, it’s mostly been in the 80s during the day here in MN, which is extremely concerning, so I don’t feel like it’s fall. It has been way warmer than usual the last couple of years here, even today, October 1st, up in Minnesota, it is a high of 82 degrees.
Other than that I’ve just been working on this blog & Instagram account in my free time, and spending time with family a bunch. This blog has gained a lot more viewers than usual over the last week, thanks to Bryce & Kristy at Millennial Revolution, which has been amazing & very unexpected.
I’m going to have a lot of time now to do what I love: writing & creating content, spending time with friends & family, cleaning, reading, etc.
Our Current Numbers as of October 1st, 2021:
- Investments: $48,097 -Market went down in September, so our investments are lower than they were at the beginning of September.
- Savings: $20,608.33
- Debt: -$123,648.29 (Mortgage)
- Just Brandon is working full time
I’m no longer going to share our Net Worth, except for large milestones, from now on because our Net Worth doesn’t really matter when it comes to achieving FIRE. What matters is being debt free, how much we have invested, and how much we have saved.
Our Partial Financial Independence Goals:
I’m adjusting our goals again, we don’t necessarily care about fully not working, just working less hours & when we want to.
- $0 Debt.
- Brandon works part time at his job.
- I am self-employed through the Ease Your Financial Payne blog & Instagram. I can choose how much or how little I want to work & when.
- We need $2,000/month in income, whether that comes from investments, Brandon’s part time job, or my blog, it doesn’t matter.
As always, thank you for reading! I’m looking forward to sharing this next exciting & challenging chapter of my life.
- BetterHelp -A week of Therapy for FREE!
- Betterment -Invest your first $5,000 for FREE!
- Back Market -My referral code: 6888f588d6f85083 -$10 off your order! Refurbished Tech! My sister & I both got “new” phones from there. They’re awesome, great quality, so much cheaper than buying new (by up to 70%), came super fast, was super easy to buy, AND we saved 123 pounds of carbon emissions, each!