Finding your reason for being here on Earth is not a simple task, well, for some it is. Some people don’t even care to think about why they’re here and what for. This blog post is for the people who do care and want to figure out why.
Why you’re here, is mostly up to you.
Some ways to help you find your life’s purpose:
- Quote from Carl Jung: “Where your fear is there is your task.” -For example, I fear climate change. I also fear working my life away, & don’t want others to work their lives away at jobs they hate. I fear doing meaningless or pointless work, I need to feel like I’m making a difference. So, I am doing everything in my power to help solve those problems and support others who share the same fear(s). You can even think about what you dislike/hate and how you can help provide a solution!
- Your purpose is somewhere in the intersection of what you love, what you’re good at, and what the world needs. Create a Venn diagram or list for each category and circle the topics that that are in each category. You may need to look at two unrelated subjects & see how you can connect them. My example: I love creating financial plans, I’m good at it, and people need help getting their financial lives planned & organized.
- Remember, your purpose can absolutely change & evolve over time. You can try something out & find out you don’t love it as much as you thought. Everything in life is temporary.
- Ask yourself “Why?” frequently. Why do you do what you do? Why do you want to achieve that certain goal? Then when you give your first answer, ask “why?” again, and again, and again, until you find the real motivation behind what you’re doing. Example: Why do I want to retire early? Because I want to spend more time with my kid. Why do I want to spend more time with my kid? Because I prioritize the loving relationships in my life. Why? Because I’ve learned a job can’t hug you and I’ve seen other people miss out on their kid’s childhood because they prioritize their work instead. -See how it’s hard to ask “Why?” again now? We’ve learned the true reason/fear that provides motivation to achieve this goal. There are usually multiple “whys” to any given scenario too!
- Create the most detailed vision of your dream life you possibly can, include the 5 senses & emotions. Once you have it all written up, break it down into categories and create actionable steps & timelines for each goal. While keeping in mind your “why”/life purpose. This method will propel you so much faster into your dream life. WITH THIS BEING SAID… things will turn out different than you expect, usually better. Plan & go for your dreams, but do not expect anything from them. I am always SO thankful every time something did not work out how I wanted. Something better always happened instead later on.
- Talk with others & help others, you can go so much further & longer with other people, even if you can go faster by yourself.
Life is all about not taking short cuts, making meaningful & purposeful choices, being mindful, helping other living beings, focusing on the long-term, and not getting caught up on tiny details.
I hope this post helps people out!
As always thank you for reading & if you have anything to add, feel free to comment below!
- ThriftBooks -I LOVE them as a company & order all of my books from them now! They ship super fast, great service, books always show up as described, super cheap, & good for the planet because they’re second-hand, but you get to choose the quality!
- BetterHelp -A week of Therapy for FREE!
- Betterment -Invest your first $5,000 for FREE!
- Back Market -My referral code: 6888f588d6f85083 -$10 off your order! Refurbished Tech! My sister & I both got “new” phones from there. They’re awesome, great quality, so much cheaper than buying new (by up to 70%), came super fast, was super easy to buy, AND we saved 123 pounds of carbon emissions, each!