I’m addicted to change. I can finally acknowledge this and say it out loud. I’m not talking small changes like dying your hair or painting a room. I love big changes and accomplishments, like moving, getting married, starting a new business, traveling, having a child, going back to school, etc.
I’m not sure whether this is good or bad, or neither & just how I am.
I’ve noticed most people hate change, and try to avoid it unless it is one particular thing they really want or need to do.
Again, I don’t know if this is good, bad, or just how some people are.
I crave change. I’m obsessed with being outside of my comfort zone. I have this deep need to constantly be growing and learning, in intense ways. Because of this, the last two years have been challenging for me. They have been very stagnant, to me.
I’m only 23, already married, own a home, have a 2 year degree, have started different business ventures, and have traveled quite a bit for my age. I’m longing for the next adventure.
All I’ve done over the last two years is work alone in my house either for my former job or on my own business. I also read a lot. But that’s it; no major life events, very little travel, no formal education other than my insurance license, etc. I want to do more, I want to be challenged again. It doesn’t help that it has been averaging at 0 degrees Fahrenheit here in Minnesota and all of our family has been getting Covid, leaving us often alone at home. Losing my job in October & focusing on my business was a challenge, but I’m craving a different kind of challenge, something new.
Options I am highly considering moving forward:
- Going back to school for my bachelors degree. I’ve already talked with an advisor at a local university and applied. I am 90% sure I am going back to school starting in May of 2022. I want to learn more again in a formal setting and meet new people. I might do a work study and travel study as well.
- I want to travel again in 2022. I haven’t seen my best friend and my uncle since 2019. One lives in Oregon and one lives in Germany. I want to make my best effort to see them this year.
- I will for sure keep working on, improving, and adapting my business. My main focuses are this blog and selling my workbook.
- Brandon and I want to become extreme minimalists. We actually have tickets to see THE Minimalists soon in person!! We are so excited!
- Having a child, sometime over the next 3 years. This really depends on school and if we decide to move or not, which leads me to my final idea…
- The most wild thing we are considering for approximately 1.5-2 years from now, is moving to another country and renting out our house, most likely Germany. This one is a HUGE maybe and really depends on how the next two years go and what we want to do about a year from now.
See what I mean by saying I’m obsessed with making big changes? I’m not saying all of these will happen, but maybe they will. Life is unexpected and uncontrollable. We may decide against a lot of these options, you never know. All I know is that I want to learn and grow as much as I possibly can in this life.
Do you relate to this? Do you hate change? Do you love change? Have you ever moved to a foreign country and are you glad you did? Tried minimalism? Let me know in the comments!
My Link Tree! -All of my links. -Including affiliate & referral links to my workbook, BetterHelp, ThriftBooks, Betterment, Back Market, and my business email. 🙂