Recently, I have realized many things I thought I liked as a teenager & college student that I actually dislike/hate.
It’s wild how society will have you thinking you want something when you actually don’t.
So here is a list of things that most people love that I dislike or hate:
(Disclaimer: It’s okay to change your mind. You grow over time, what you want changes, and your values/morals may change. Permission to change your mind. In fact, it’s probably a good thing.)
- Travelling (I love some destinations though)
- The Ocean/Beach
- House Projects
- Elaborate skin/body/hair care routines
- Hanging out with people frequently
- Giving & receiving gifts
- Working out in the gym
- Eating/Food (For me, I eat to survive, it’s not that pleasurable to me..)
- Having a lot of décor/clutter
- Drinking alcohol
- Going out/parties
- Having lots of clothes/shoes, especially dressy ones.
- Staying up late
- Eating meat, I’ve never really enjoyed it..
- The idea of having a big house/mansion
- Professional massages/getting my nails done/things like that
- Having an expensive car & 1 vehicle per adult in the household
- Living somewhere with only warm weather.
What I ACTUALLY love:
- Being home
- Being alone
- Having less items
- Watching Netflix/YouTube/Twitch
- Personal Finance -Particularly helping others
- Anything comfy & warm
- Playing Board or Card games!
- The Sun
- Environmental Sustainability -Helping others live more sustainably
- Going for walks (If its not super cold or super hot)
- Going to a waterpark
- Animals, particularly cats.
- The Morning/Day Time
- Having a minimal wardrobe and dressing casual
- Mindful/Present time with my friends or family
- Not eating meat
- I want a small home, less to take care of/manage/pay for.
- A vehicle that can get me from point A to point B, preferably a hybrid or an EV and sharing one vehicle with my spouse.
- Being in the forest
- Living somewhere that has all 4 seasons
Essentially, I want to change the world, but from the comfort of my own home. 🙂 (INFJ Life) I am a house cat trapped in a human’s body, it’s challenging.
Have you fallen into this same trap?? Or am I alone in this? lol
I’m sure I’ve left something(s) out, but this is everything I could think of.
Feel free to reflect or comment below! I would love to hear about you evolving as a person.
Also, no hate to people that love what I don’t like! We all love what we love and that’s great!
- ThriftBooks -I LOVE them as a company & order all of my books from them now! They ship super fast, great service, books always show up as described, super cheap, & good for the planet because they’re second-hand, but you get to choose the quality!
- Mint -Great site/app to manage all of your finances in one spot!
- BetterHelp -A week of Therapy for FREE!
- Betterment -Invest your first $5,000 for FREE!
- Back Market -My referral code: 6888f588d6f85083 -$10 off your order! Refurbished Tech! My sister & I both got “new” phones from there. They’re awesome, great quality, so much cheaper than buying new (by up to 70%), came super fast, was super easy to buy, AND we saved 123 pounds of carbon emissions, each!